Sunday, May 12, 2013

Coming into focus

It has been so fun for me to see Amy developing this week!  She's 6 wks old now and I'm finally feeling like there is hope for being able to handle 3 kids, eventually.  Thanks to Tyler for having finished his class work and tests and taking 2 whole days off to do chores around the house.
Amee loves, loves, loves being read to.  Tyler noticed it during the first week she was home as I was reading to all the girls. She actually wakes up and just stares intently at me as I read. Tyler had the thought that before she was born, of all the experiences to be excited for, she must have really been looking forward to having her mommy read to her.
Amie can see past the end of her nose now.  I notice less of the cross-eyed staring (which is so funny) and more focusing on near surroundings.  I got out the crib mirror and piano for her to look at.  Since they were sisters' favorites, I'm not surprised that she loves to stare at them and listen to the music.  This just means another year of the obnoxious "peek-a-boo" voice for me!
We are down to just two feedings per night.  Wahoo! My favorite milestone by far.
With the sun being sunnier theese days, Aimee has slowly gotten over the jaundice. She didn't look like an oompa-loompa when I put her in a yellow dress today.
Aunt Diane discovered that she really loves it when you rub the tops of her ears.  Her eyes roll back into her head with relaxed pleasure.  Funny.
PS-
  If you happened to notice the variety of name spellings, know that we really don't care which nick-name you use but the official formal spelling of our choice is AMIE.
And here's a picture

No comments: