Thursday, July 7, 2011

A Princess Party Birthday Girl


For Lily's 3rd birthday, we celebrated all day long. The day started with a princess party complete with a royal ball, tea set cake and punch, and princess accessory presents to share with everyone. The bubble wands were the biggest hit of course.

For dinner we went to Applebee's. Lily loved the attention when everyone sang to her and didn't want to share her special desert with anyone, but she did anyways. She also had all the pasta she could eat and then some. Where does she put it all?

Presents from the family were so exciting. Every time I ask what her favorite was, she says something different, so I guess she loved them all. We sang Happy Birthday, again. Lily couldn't get enough of singing it. She was thrilled by the fact that we were singing it to her for a change.

The best part by far was the castle cake. Heidi, Diane, Lily, and I spent an entire day decorating it. Red velvet chocolate cake with way too much icing and candy. It turned out so good, I just hope I haven't set myself up for future disappointments.

No comments: