Saturday, July 24, 2010

Entertainment Please

Niki's 3.5 months already!

I have been told how "first babies" are always your smartest, mostly because it is all new to you and you are so amazed at what babies can do. Contrary to popular thought, I've been constantly impressed with Niki. It's either because I'm more aware of what she's trying to tell me because I now have some experience with deciphering children, or I just can't remember Lily being this way at her age. Probably both.

Niki is a totaly different baby this week! Sitting up (with help), playing with her toes, go go go.  I can tell whenever she is really concentrating on something because her little feet just start kicking like crazy.  She's been insisting on sitting up instead of laying down. I finally got the walker out just so I could set her down and keep her sitting up. She's so curious about all her toys. Unlike Lily, she's constantly demanding entertainment. After 10 mins she's done with her toy and wanting a change. And don't even think about leaving her alone in a room. She'll play for an hour in her crib if Lily is in the room playing, but the moments after Lily leaves, Niki starts crying for attention.

Niki's already trying to keep up with her sister. She signs so much better/earlier than Lily did. She not only plays the piano in her crib (a neat trick) but no matter where I set her down in the crib, she will wiggle her way over to it so that she can play.  She puts herself to sleep and sleeps through the night. When I read them books and Lily points at the pictures, Niki tries to touch the pictures. When Lily's taking a bath and Niki hears the water running, she will cry and fuss 'till I put her in too.  Addicted to her pacifier and lovey, She's such a petite little go-go-goer.

No comments: