Thursday, May 27, 2010
2 Months Old
I love seeing Niki's personality beginning to come out. Emotional and expressive. I think she even likes the mauling physical attention from her big sister. Each time she is attacked instead of crying, she just looks around as if to say "Where did Lily go? We were having fun playing together." Well, whatever.
2Months Old = Shots - May 26
Is Niki really that old already? I took both the girls to the doctor for their check up (Lily's 2 in 2 weeks). Lily finally was excited and happy to go to the doctor. As upset and scared as Lily has been over the last 6 months, Niki takes the cake for displeasure during her visit. She was not happy being naked and prodded and boy did she let us know it! It took me 10 mins afterwards just to calm her down enough to be able to calm her down further by nursing her. Then we got to get her shots. I thought the first round was loud. She immediately ramped up to screaming as soon as I set her down and she had to drink one vaccine. Then with each actual shot she full out wailed. That girl has a set of lungs like no one there could believe. I just had to laugh. All the while Lily was just checking out the room and washing her hands and saying "Niki crying. She getting a shot" like it was nothing. After it was over Niki muttered a few sighing sobs to me as if to express what she had just been through and fell asleep exhausted.
.
Toys and Cooing - May 17
Niki likes looking at and reaching for her toys. Sometimes she just stares and stares with "Brinley" big eyes and other times she goes to town on the fist swinging. It's so fun to watch her. She is starting to smile and coos as if she is talking to you when you look at her. What a cute baby!
Signing "Burp" - May 15
That's right. Niki's learned another sign. Last evening I thought she was crying because she was hungry. When I picked her up, she started signing "burp" so I burped her instead. Sure enough she was right. It mostly came out the other end, but to her credit, it probably feels about the same inside.
Seeing and Signing "Eat" - May 4
Niki is becoming active and recognizing faces. She's just starting to show some expression too. After teaching Lily to sign, I figured I might as well get started with Niki so she'll get it months from now. I can't believe it, but she's already got the sign for "eat" down. At least she understands it anyways. She still has a hard time controlling her arms so she can't always sign it, but she tries to and stops crying when I say eat in return. I'm often amazed by the intelligence of my children that exists but just can't be expressed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
wow that's awesome. Way to go Niki!
yay for smart babies!
talk about a heavy duty gate- it is like the kids are in prison
I really hope, for my future childrens' sake, and for my own sanity, that my children get the Balling Smart Gene.
You're kids are so stinkin' adorable! I can't wait to see them again!
You know there is a "West Smart Gene" also.
Post a Comment