So we've been sick since Thanksgiving. Colds, pink eye, antibiotics, and phenylephrine HCL have become our houshold topics of conversation. The worst day thus far happened on Wednesday the 8th, yes my birthday. Lily was in pain from her ear infection and it turned her into a kicking, screaming, whining, disobedient, tantrum throwing stinker! To top it off, Tyler was finally able to meet with a surgeon about his hernia (he's been seeing doctors since early November) and, da da da, congratulations, how about surgery tomorrow? I'm so tired and I'm tired of us all being sick. Needless to say, I really really really enjoyed the fact that Tyler took us all out to dinner that night and I didn't have to do anything. I got a camera, YEA, and a much desired electric blanket for my birthday. It turned out to be a very happy birthday after all. If anything, we have learned this holiday season just how grateful we are for our usual health.
Lily's Laundry
One morning as Tyler was saying his usual good bye he informed me that his shirt on the top of his laundry basket was completely soaked. "I think it might be pee" he said. Great. Later when Lily woke up I asked her if she knew how dad's shirt got wet.
"Mmm. Maybe in the washing machine." she stated. Good thinking Lily, but I don't think so. I checked out the shirt again and it was definitely completely soaked uniformly, not just a spot job. Plus I didn't think it smelled like pee.
I asked her again a while later and again she insisted it was the washing machine. She then proceeded to show and tell me how she opened it up, put dad's shirt in, and pushed the buttons. "Then I put it in the dryer" she said "and I put it in dad's laundry (meaning his basket) and folded it", just like I do with his clothes.
I guess my current laundry routine of every-other-week isn't sufficient for Lily and she took matters into her own hands.
Bye Bye Baby
Over the last few weeks Niki has outgrown being a baby. She's into playing and making messes just like Lily now. After I feed them, they both take off with a mission, usually to the play room. I'm no longer needed as Niki's constant companion. It's just play, play, play and then come cry to mom only when needed. She's just like Lily now except she can't communicate as well. I love watching her play and figure things out, but I wish she hadn't grown up quite so fast, she was such a cute and cuddly little baby.
Play Skills
Lily was given a bag of blocks for Christmas last year. All year she's ignored them, 'till we got out the Christmas decorations. Lily wants a vaccum for Christmas and we keep explaining how Santa will bring it to her if she is good. Well, she discovered that she can build vaccums with her blocks and then put them under the Christmas tree as presents. Now she builds with the blocks every day and her towers are getting more complex. The funny part is, they are always symetrical. I've even seen her reject pieces because they don't make the tower even. Silly girl.
Niki is crazy coordinated. She moves and gets places like I can't believe. She can walk along with us if we hold her hands. Unlike most babies who stomp or drag their feet, she's actually walking one foot then another. I'm excited to see what she can do as she gets older.
1 comment:
Oh man, I am sorry you guys have all been sick. It seems to be going around. I can't believe I missed your birthday. I totally meant to call you but just got busy and forgot. Electric Blanket is definitely a perfect present for you. I love Lily's laundry story so funny!!
Post a Comment