Thursday, June 17, 2010

Niki's Third month

Niki is "talking" and smiling all the time.  Be it when you smile at her or her own reflection in the mirror on her swing, she particularly likes to talk when she finds a face to focus on.  I think Niki just likes to be part of the conversation.  She's so cute, all I want to do is hold her and talk to her all day long!

Niki really loves squawking at Lily, until Lily mauls her or squashes her with excitement.  Lily's getting better at giving good attention too.  She's learning that when she is soft, that means she loves Niki.  Lily really loves Niki, allot.

Niki's learning to take a bottle.  Even though it's the same milk, it's just not the same experience.  With sucking being such a comfort for her, she really gets upset and disappointed when she signs eat and gets a bottle.  She spits it out.  She cries.  She downright refuses 'till I give in to the real thing.  The milk temperature and bottle placement have to be just perfect before she'll take it.  Then, once I do get it right, it only lasts a few minutes before the milk cools or Lily interrupts or I have to move her.  After that she won't take it again.  Picky, picky, picky.

Niki can grab toys, blankets, burp cloths, and hair.  She enjoys her play mat and "parrot" chair and is starting to hold on to toys.  Playtime here we come.

No comments: